Welcome! I’m a Canadian reporter who writes about space programs all over the world, for places like Space.com, Discovery News and NASA.
Some fun things I’ve done:
- Been featured on “The Nature of Things” (a famous Canadian science show, where I talked about Chris Hadfield) and on stage with Bill Nye, the Science Guy.
- Talked to several astronauts while they were in space, or an underwater habitat.
- Spent two weeks simulating a Mars expedition at the Mars Desert Research Station (January 2014).
- Attended the space shuttle launches of STS-129, STS-130 and STS-131 (2009-10).
- Visited approximately 20 aviation, science or space museums/centres in Alberta, British Columbia, California, Florida, Germany, Kansas, Manitoba, Maryland, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ontario, Texas, the United Kingdom and Washington, D.C.
- Started learning to teach in 2015 so I can better communicate space to diverse audiences.
- Started learning Russian in 2014 so that (eventually) I can read histories of the space program in that language. I also plan to attend a launch in Kazakhstan in 2018 to see Canadian astronaut David Saint-Jacques fly into space.