Students learn best when they find meaning in what they learn, whether it be for jobs, life experience or getting that academic posting. Discussion, active learning, real-life examples, entrepreneurial thinking — this is all stuff I encourage in the classroom and online. Since January 2015, I’ve taught students how to write well, using examples such as computer games and exploring Pluto. I hold a teaching certificate from the University of Ottawa.
- Audience Research (CMN4166), University of Ottawa
- Business Journalism (JOU1532), Algonquin College
- Communications I (ENL1813), Algonquin College (computer engineering and IT)
- Communications II (ENL2003/ENL8830), Algonquin College (HVAC and aviation)
- English II (022555 ENL), La Cité collégiale
- English for Media (021754 ENL), La Cité collégiale
- Fundamentals of Reporting (JOUR2201), Carleton University
- History of Journalism (JOU1150), University of Ottawa
- Scientific Communication for Public Policy (SCI4003), Algonquin College
To get in touch about teaching opportunities, contact me.